Driver Rescuers* Although most of our NYC rescues are done on foot, due to the volume of donations or distance needing to be travelled, we started the Driver Rescuer role! Driver Rescuers go through the same training process as Lead Rescuers, have access to all food rescues, and are eligible for the $15 per rescue compensation for vehicle-required rescues. These rescues are designated with a vehicle symbol in the food rescue event title.
*This role is only available in New York City
For non-vehicle required rescues, Driver Rescuers can either volunteer or earn the standard Paid Lead Rescue rate of $10 per pickup led.
- Create an account using the form
- Log in to your account, click Update Profile, and select your vehicle type (you will only be able to see vehicle-required events after you do this!)
- Complete the brief training process (all training steps and necessary resources will be available to you on your dashboard)
- View all available volunteer opportunities (food rescue events) on our Calendar
- Sign up to attend food rescue events on the Calendar that match your availability and you’ll receive full details via email